Sunday, June 26, 2016

Updates

So there is still no update on Huts for Peace.  I went down to Kampala for a day.  I hung out with Martina, who actually works for GLI, and it was super fun.  I spent the morning trying to find internet... and did not.  So there will be two blogs posted today.

After my adventure to find Wifi Martina and I took Bodas downtown Kampala an had lunch.  It was heavenly.  I had some sort of chicken sandwich and a passion fruit drink that was freshly squeezed. Then we went to the big mall downtown to try and find a router.  I bought a router but the SIM card would not work.... it still is not.  It is supposed to work by tomorrow but I am not getting my hopes up.  Then we went to this store that can download any movie you want onto your tablet or laptop.  I got 14 movies and the whole new season of Orange is the New Black for $18.  So that was exciting. 

It was really cool seeing a side of Kampala that is very normal.  The mall was just like any mall in the US.  The phone store was just as annoying as a phone store anywhere else.  It was pretty cool.  Martina is also awesome. 

Yesterday I caught a public transpo bus to go back to Lira.  We left at 8 AM and arrived at around 2 PM.  I went to the MTN store in Lira and they told me to wait until monday for my router.  I was planning to meet the Huts for Peace lady last night to figure out what we are doing, but she canceled.  So we are meeting sometime monday.... which means I have another full day of doing nothing. 

Today I woke up aound 7 and watched the whole season of Orange is the New Black.  Then I did some laundry and now I am eating dinner.  My life is incredibly exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment